This is HDR...True or False? :)

fotojack

HDR.jpg

Mfrankfort

I'd say.... true. Or false cause of the smile in the title. True? haha. I'll go with True. HDR at first I thought was just completely over the top making your photo look "fake". But I realized after shooting a couple and processing in photoshop, that you can have great range in highlights/lowlights without the photo looking completely fake. I'm going to say True, but done in camera. ??

Brian

It does not look like an HDR combined image.

With 14-Bit files available directly from cameras, the need for HDR techniques is less than it was with files with low bit-depth. A lot of detail can be pulled from shadows, and highlights do not saturate as easily. Applying curves to the native image before converting to 8-bit JPEG for display should work for most scenes.

Bill16

Lol ooooh the frustration of waiting,my curiosity is going to drive me nuts! Lol Trust our buddy Jack here to keep us on the edge of our seats, and then postpone the gotcha moment! Lol :D

Good one my friend! Lol :D
I'll wait for more guesses and reveal the answer tomorrow. :)

Mike D90

It doesn't look HDR but that is why I think it probably is HDR processed. HDR should be done to make a natural looking picture instead of unnatural (in my opinion). This photo looks natural.

BackdoorArts

Looks like a tone mapped single image or possibly an HDR image with the detail ramped way down and tone compression set very high. I've gotten this look with some rather widely spaced HDR exposures and very basic, flat settings in HDR Efex Pro 2. So what the heck, I'm going to say HDR, even though I see no evidence of ghosting.

Scott Murray

I would say that it is lacking a bit in the dynamic range that I would expect to see in a multiple exposure HDR so I am going to say 'FALSE' this looks like a perfectly exposed image. It is lacking some darker shades / Contrast if you ask me. "Definition: High Dynamic Range, or HDR, is a digital photography technique whereby multiple exposures of the same scene are layered and merged using image editing software to create a more realistic image, or a dramatic effect. The combined exposures can display a wider range of tonal values than what the digital camera is capable of recording in a single image"

Just-Clayton

An HDR image doe not have to to be overcooked. I have done 3 image hdr and left it in natural tone not creative tone. It has made a better picture. Jacks picture could be 2 images instead the average 3.