just got new D3200 need help

shurush

Hi Everybody. My new camera is refurbished so I kind of suspicious. Seems the batrrery discharges too fast , also camera shuts off almost right away.
Would appreciate help. Thank You

nickt

How fast is too fast? 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week?
When you say shuts off, do you mean it stops working and you need to charge the battery? Or are you saying the rear display turns off?

mellie1984

I just got my D3200 on the 5th and had the exact same issue. I used the camera for maybe 10 minutes on the 5th and maybe 10 minutes on the 6th. Today I had a completely depleted battery. I was using the LCD screen, so I suspect that might drain the battery.?

I just got my D3200 on the 5th and had the exact same issue. I used the camera for maybe 10 minutes on the 5th and maybe 10 minutes on the 6th. Today I had a completely depleted battery. I was using the LCD screen, so I suspect that might drain the battery.?

It should not deplete the battery that fast. Make sure that you have fuller charged the battery. Then go shooting. You would probably be better off shooting wise to use the viewfinder instead of the LCD screen for shooting. It just works better. But for no longer than you were shooting it should not have drained the battery. Make sure you turn off the camera when you are through using it.

dmc

There is something wrong here. I use my D3200 for 8 hours and still have juice left. Did you get a knock-off battery with your kit?