A fun take on, "Who would use the Nikon DF and why?"

Horoscope Fish

A faux "aperture ring"... Seriously??

I can just visualize some designer having an "AH HA!" moment in the middle of a meeting...

"Hold on guys, OMG... Okay, listen to this... How about... How about... Wait for it! How about we add... A freaking faux aperture ring?! HUH? HUH? AMIRIGHTORAMIRIGHT??!!" *pumps fist*

While I think the vid is about 15 minutes too long it did make me laugh.

Bonus Chuckle Awarded: For leaving the turn signal on the whole time...

Krs_2007

Ha, that is pretty funny but way too long. Hipster camera. I like that they called the other camera a pervert camera, really.

I did not know the DF has a faux aperture ring, interesting.

Brian

The manual focus Nikkor SLR lenses have the ring to grab while putting it on and removing. The 50/1.8 in the DF kit has the chrome grip ring. Why does he think Hippies would like it?

Last edited:

Brian

Here's a shot showing the grip ring with the DOF scale engraved in it. The guy probably had never seen a depth of field scale before, and confused it with an aperture ring.

attachment.php

F-Mount lenses color-coded the DOF scale, but Nikon Rangefinder mount lenses used actual numbers. Since the 50/1.8 with the Df kit does not have an aperture ring, Nikon could not use the color-code and went back to using numbers on the DOF scale like they did for rangefinder lenses.

attachment.php

For anyone interested,

http://www.the.me/nikon-df-hands-on-the-closest-slr-to-a-leica-minus-rangefinder/

written after having the camera for a week. I don't get why so many people ridicule this camera. I've been using Nikons for a very, very long time. This is the first Nikon DSLR that I've picked up and enjoyed using. Simply at home with the control layout.

Last edited: