Cable to view instantly

cherylann

I have a D700 and I want to be able to view my photos immediately on my laptop as I shoot. Does any one know if I need a software to do this or is there a cable I need to do this? I have PS6 and tried this with my cable I use to transfer my photos but it did not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And by the way, I shoot in RAW.

Welcome to the forum

Some useful links
http://support.nikonusa.com/app/ans.../nikon-product-manuals-available-for-download
Nikon | Imaging Products | Digitutor

You might want to try digiCamControl - DSLR camera remote control open source software | digiCamControl. It is supposed to be compatible with the D700. It is free so it will not cost you anything to try it. I have used it before and it is a great piece of software.

[h=1]digiCamControl[/h]
Remote control your camera from your Windows computer tethered via USB.
See live view on your computer display.
Trigger the camera from the computer or your tablet or smartphone.
Control multiple connected cameras at the same time.

Ruidoso Bill

I have a D700 and I want to be able to view my photos immediately on my laptop as I shoot. Does any one know if I need a software to do this or is there a cable I need to do this? I have PS6 and tried this with my cable I use to transfer my photos but it did not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And by the way, I shoot in RAW.

What you are asking about is "Tethered Capture" and you can do this with a cable and lightroom.

GeoWes

I loaded this up on my toshiba pc and it works pretty good on both the 600 and 5100. Transfer is like cold syrup but I think that's my laptop processor. Now I have a new toy to play with.

cherylann

Welcome to the forum

Some useful links
http://support.nikonusa.com/app/ans.../nikon-product-manuals-available-for-download
Nikon | Imaging Products | Digitutor

You might want to try digiCamControl - DSLR camera remote control open source software | digiCamControl. It is supposed to be compatible with the D700. It is free so it will not cost you anything to try it. I have used it before and it is a great piece of software.

digiCamControl

Remote control your camera from your Windows computer tethered via USB.
See live view on your computer display.
Trigger the camera from the computer or your tablet or smartphone.
Control multiple connected cameras at the same time.

Thank you so much for your help. I am going to download this software today and give it a try. Thanks again!!

cherylann

What you are asking about is "Tethered Capture" and you can do this with a cable and lightroom.

I actually use PS6 and I did try it but I could not get it to work for me. You would think if Lightroom has this ability then Photoshop would. Thanks for the reply.

cherylann

So I downloaded DigiCamControl. LOVE IT! Great advice. Thanks so much Don. And to everyone that helped me to figure this out. I'm excited. I now have a few different ways to do this to see what works best for me. Thanks Everyone!