Sigma 18-35mm f1.8

ShootRaw

No..I already started a thread on that..Nobody has..But I tell you what..I have heard it is a great lens, and will be getting one in the near future..

BackdoorArts

If I was still shooting DX I'd be all over it in a heartbeat. I'm tempted to grab one just for IR work since most of my shots with the D7000 are at the wide end of my 18-105mm. My brother tells me that IR cameras are amazing for star photography, and if that turns out to be the case it may jus force my hand. I could almost justify it if I sell my 28mm & 50mm f/1.8 primes knowing I can get 16MP images on my D800 with what would be a 27-52mm f/1.8 zoom in DX mode. Almost justify it.

dramtastic

No..I already started a thread on that..Nobody has..But I tell you what..I have heard it is a great lens, and will be getting one in the near future..
I've posted a number of shots with this lens on this forum with the lens details attached so maybe you could look just a little further that your own posts!
dsc_9234.jpg

Last edited:

outlet15

Well I feel dumb for not looking at old posts, but thanks for the responses.

One question I do have that is confusing me. It is an 18-35mm DX lens, which means on my little D5200 it will be 18-35mm. Why do people say it will be 27-52mm on an FX frame in DX mode? I thought the range only went up if it was an FX lens on a DX body?