NOT Ireland but Spain!

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
So a month or so ago I asked for recommendations regarding Ireland for a honeymoon. After a lot of discussion with my bride-to-be, we purchased airline tickets for two weeks in Spain. Thanks to TripAdvisor and a snowy last week-end with lots of football (go Bears!), we've built an itinerary. But everything is flexible. That is where YOU come in. Recommendations, experiences, from a photographic viewpoint are welcome! So, the current itinerary is:

Day 1 - 3 in Barcelona

Day 4 fly to Málaga and rent a car. Drive along the coast towards Torre del Mar ending in Granada. Stay 2 nights.
Day 6 we'll drive to Córdoba for the day. We'll leave there, drive to Seville for 4 nights. While we're in Seville we are thinking of taking a day trip to Jerez de la Frontera so Laurie can see the Royal Andalucían School of Equestrian Art.
Day 11 we'll train to Madrid. We'll be there 4 nights. We are trying to decide whether to day trip to Toledo, Ávila, neither or both.
Day 15 fly home tired but happy!

So my traveling friends, any suggestions?
:D

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Barcelona is such a nice place. If the weather permits, buy the 2 day tour pass and sit on the upper deck of the bus. Now windows and you get great viewpoints to take pics. I was there for only 2 days in october and just wish I was there longer.
Marcel

Richard500

It can be quite expensive in Spain... I don't know how the Dollar compares to the Euro but a small cup of rather indifferent coffee can cost €1.30 to €1.50... beer is probably cheaper! Have a great trip... My daughter lives in Ibiza... that's a great place (for some) - I am going there in April. Post some photos wont you??

markD90

when you drive down towards granada you want to stop off at Baza Lakes!! they are beautifull! i lived near there and slept on the shores of the lakes and everything....its great if you like the idea il look into it more and get you some info!!! i know the area quite well

markD90

you can buy coffee in the smaller bars cheaper! about a euro same for beer! i thought Valencia was nicer than Barcalona!!

Valencia has more nicer, older arcitechture

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
when you drive down towards granada you want to stop off at Baza Lakes!! they are beautifull! i lived near there and slept on the shores of the lakes and everything....its great if you like the idea il look into it more and get you some info!!! i know the area quite well

Mark: I'd love some more information! As long as our flight to Málaga is on time (we're scheduled to land at 0830), we should have most of the day free to explore on our way to Granada.