Hey, just looking for advise :)! new to all this

jordycakes

Hello, i bought my nikon D3100 with the 18-55MM GREAT DEAL!

I only got this camera around a month ago, and im using it mainly for wildlife and pretty much pictures of my geckos, im looking for different lenses as i dont know much about cameras at all i thought ild come to the forums.

I wanted to get a macro lens for extreme close ups and possibly close up from far away as well as close to the subject, and any other lens and filters that would go well with this type of photography.

Thank you for reading a push in the right detection would be massively appreciated

Thanks.
Jordan.

Bill16

Welcome to nikonites! :D

For macro (close to the subject ) I'd say the Nikkor AF-S 105mm micro is what I'd buy. For zoom (far from the subject) the nikkor AF-S 55-300mm might be an option for a reasonably priced zoom. It mostly depends on your budget as to which lenses you should consider.

piperbarb

I agree with the 105mm macro. I love mine. You are not on top of your subjects. That is very handy when photographing bugs and other such creepy crawlies.

Welcome to the forum

If you fill out your profile we can better answer any questions that you might have.
You can do that at http://nikonites.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

Some useful links
http://support.nikonusa.com/app/ans.../nikon-product-manuals-available-for-download
Nikon | Imaging Products | Digitutor

Thanks

Now post some of your photos.

Guidelines to adding a photo to your post.

1. Resize photo to 1000px on the long side.
2. Resolution set to 72ppi (Pixels Per Inch)

These guidelines will be good for viewing on a computer but will not be good for printing. This will help safeguard your copyright.

jordycakes

1522943_10151847405018316_1640232302_o.jpgDSC_0024.jpgDSC_0142.jpgDSC_0238.jpgDSC_0248.jpgDSC_0364 - Copy - Copy.jpg

So this is a few of the pictures i have taken, im a keen leopard gecko keeper and im into the many different genetics that they have to offer these are all taken on my D3100 with my 18-55 MM lens.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
So this is a few of the pictures i have taken, im a keen leopard gecko keeper and im into the many different genetics that they have to offer these are all taken on my D3100 with my 18-55 MM lens.

welcome to the site. I would use a diffuser and tone down the flash a little bit. The are sharp but the flash looks a little too harsh IMO.