Aokatec AK- 4NⅡ Bluetooth GPS Adapter

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
I have an inexpensive wired GPS for my D300. I bought it over a year ago for about 1/3 of the equivalent Nikon GP-1 using a Nikonians discount. It works well but I've never found a comfortable way of accounting for the cable. Since I like travel photography, I can't imagine not using a GPS recorder.

I've been looking into wireless devices and the second generation Aokatec AK-4NII gets very good reviews and the one I think I will purchase. An additional feature on this version is if the GPS signal is lost (e.g. inside of a building), it will record the last good position into the EXIF. All good!

My dilemma is which external GPS device to get. I don't have any experience with them. They have packages with a Holux M-1000, Holux M-241, Holux M-1200E or Holux M-1000C. Anybody have experience with these devices? I would appreciate any assistance!

AK4N03.jpg

to00.gif

Browncoat

Sounds like a plug-n-play wireless operation you got going here, Eduard...very nice! A wireless package solution to GPS that is the same price as Nikon's GP-1.

Both devices are small and seem as though they wouldn't be intrusive to normal shooting.