Kenko vs. Vello extension tubes

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
Someone recently mentioned that Vello makes an extension tube set which appears to be quite similar to the Kenko set (both are listed as Auto Sets). What benefits does the Kenko set offer over Vello? Both have good reviews although I'm sure the Kenko set is well known and trusted. Other than Kenko's reputation, are they any physical differences between the two such as one is easier to operate? Surprisingly the cons for the Kenko set on B&H list it as not being durable. Any suggestions? Thank you! :)

Here's the Kenko set: Kenko Auto Extension Tube Set DG for Nikon Lens A-EXTUBEDG-N B&H

And here's the Vello set: Vello Auto Extension Tube Set for Nikon EXT-ND B&H Photo Video

BackdoorArts

Hard to know the difference. I've seen a few reviews of the Vellos that say they're hard to remove. Both seem to be "cheap/inexpensive plastic", something referred to in even 4-5 star reviews. I'd call and talk to a B&H rep if you're seriously considering either and see if they have a recommendation. For as often as I use them I'd likely opt for the less expensive and give them a workout as soon as I got them to see if I could find a reason they needed to be returned.