Time-Lapse minature effect New York City

SteveL54

I took this with my D5100 using miniature effect from 34 floors up. I see something different every time I look at it. While the miniature thing is "ok", I would prefer it was optional - meaning that particular effect could be turned on or off.

SteveL54

Thanks. I have a few more from the same vantage point showing boats on the Hudson River. Maybe I'll post them tonight.
As I said earlier, I'm not a fan of the "miniature" effect. I wish there was a way to turn it off. I can do just straight time lapse with software editing, which is on my to-do list. I prefer taking stills over video.

BackdoorArts

Are you saying you can't shoot video without it? That doesn't sound right at all. Just set your Mode dial to something other than Effects and you should be able to shoot full HD "normal" video.

SteveL54

Are you saying you can't shoot video without it? That doesn't sound right at all. Just set your Mode dial to something other than Effects and you should be able to shoot full HD "normal" video.

Sorry I wasn't clear about this.
Yes, I can shoot full HD "normal" video, but the time lapse always adds the "miniature" effect. There is no way to turn that off.