D90 warranty question..

Jughead28

Hello, I was wondering on how to check if the D90 warranty is legit. My brother recently bough a D90 with the 18-105 mm kit from A&J Electronics about a month ago and just recently tried to register online, but for some reason it won't register. The kit says he has a Nikon warranty slip, but only for the lens and not the camera. Is that the way it is? Please..... need advice. Thank you..

Last edited by a moderator:

fotojack

What country are you in? Nikon warranties all its products, cameras included. Contact the Nikon representative in your area with your brother's paperwork on the D90 and lens to rectify this for you.
Each country has its own way of handling things like this. Google Nikon for more information.

johnwartjr

My D90 kit was the same, Nikon advised me it was normal to have a warranty slip for the lens, but not the body. You can e-mail them through their website, and they answer pretty quickly.

fotojack

I got my D200 second hand, and I still registered it with Nikon. I would imagine a new camera would have a registration number registered with Nikon for warranty purposes. It only makes sense.