Taking photos of my PC - Feedback wanted please!

Mineores

Was shooting some pictures of my PC, with my new graphics card, but I can never seem to find the perfect shot! How would you critique this one, and improve upon it. How would I get rid of some of the light blur that's present from the lights in the case, and how would you alter the exposure? What kind of angle would work best to make things a little more "exciting"?

I shoot using a GorillaPod SLR Zoom, which seems to work rather well at this level.

f-stop: f/5
Exposure: 1.6 sec
ISO: 100

Thank you!

Attachments

• DSC_0081.jpg
    DSC_0081.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 192

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I think the image is pretty good. It looks much better than what my previuos desktop picture looked like. I like the cleanliness (less clutter of the internal wires). It looks like a pretty good rig and I am estimating around $1,800 or more depending on the video card and processor that you use. I'm trying to see if the cpu is watercooled or air cooled.

It looks great overall for a desktop computer shot. If you have a macro lens, I would be interested in seeing a macro shot of the circuit card or motherboard. Thanks for sharing your work.

Mineores

I think the image is pretty good. It looks much better than what my previuos desktop picture looked like. I like the cleanliness (less clutter of the internal wires). It looks like a pretty good rig and I am estimating around $1,800 or more depending on the video card and processor that you use. I'm trying to see if the cpu is watercooled or air cooled.

It looks great overall for a desktop computer shot. If you have a macro lens, I would be interested in seeing a macro shot of the circuit card or motherboard. Thanks for sharing your work.

Thanks! I spent a lot of time tidying up the wires, moving them to behind the motherboard tray. I wasn't sure whether people would be interested here, looks like there are, so here are my specs:

-AMD FX 8350 @ 4.5Ghz
-Alpenfohn K2 Mount Doom air cooler
-Asus Sabertooth 990fx Rev 2.0
-EVGA Nvidia GTX 780ti
-8gb Crucial Ballistix Sport RAM
-Corsair 750M PSU
-Samsung 830 256gb SSD
-Seagate 2tb Barracuda 2tb + WD Green 2tb
-NZXT Phantom 410 in red

I've probably spent about £1'000 upgrading/messing around with parts. I actually extremely luckily won the 780ti in an online competition, 1/10'000 chance of winning! That's a £550 graphics card I got for nothing!

Back on topic, I have this macro filter for my kit lens, (see sig) that seems to create some interesting shots. I've done a couple of the cooler and graphics card and they're interesting. The best thing about it is the filter only cost £15!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Mineores

Very shiny, lol. Picture is pretty good.. Hope your playing some good games on max resolution! haha.

Yeah I'm a big fan of Battlefield 4, I game at 2560 x 1440p. This is also awesome for light room and photo shop!

Steve B

Nice looking rig. As far as the photo, I would take a couple of pieces of foam core or something and use them on both sides to block out the background clutter.

Mineores

Nice looking rig. As far as the photo, I would take a couple of pieces of foam core or something and use them on both sides to block out the background clutter.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that - do you mean to cut out the bits of background surrounding the desk top? Was thinking of probably doing this.