Pregnancy

wud

Okay, is it just me or is this actually really good? I got exactly the images I went for.. which I dont really understand right now, lol.

Must admit, luck was included. I asked on my site, if any pregnant ladies would come for a free shoot - I didn't see any pictures of them but they were so pretty and photogenic, and so very easy to work with.

Done in studio with 50mm, 105mm and a few with the 35mm..

annika_5708_web.jpg

annika_5711_web.jpg

(I know, doesnt show her belly but I just needed to get a portrait, I really think she is gorgeous.)

annika_5719_web.jpg

pernilles_5847_web.jpg

pernilles_5841_web.jpg

pernilles_5898_web.jpg

Last edited:

Dave_W

The Dude
I like #3 the best. The other B&W's have too much clarity giving it a scary and veiny look. Pulling back on the clarity brings back a softer, dreamier, gentler feel that seems more appropriate for a mother and baby....at least for me, it does.

Ambient

They are lovely shots! And you right she is beautiful! I love the poses and the draping flow of the dresses. ☺

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

DraganDL

First and third from above are very good. Suggestion: would be very interesting to experiment with more kinds of clothes, veils etc., and to include more environment (armchair, sofa, window pane...bathroom, staircase...)... Softer light for colors, more highlights and less gray tones in b&w.

Krs_2007

Great shots, 3, 7 I really like. 3 and 6 or 2 in color are really nice too. I like the others but these stand out to me the most. I would think 2 first and then 6. Something about her looking down that I really like more so than looking at the camera.

Forgot to add, I like the way you used the lighting for these shots. Very nice.

Last edited:

wud

First and third from above are very good. Suggestion: would be very interesting to experiment with more kinds of clothes, veils etc., and to include more environment (armchair, sofa, window pane...bathroom, staircase...)... Softer light for colors, more highlights and less gray tones in b&w.

And that I sure hope to do, if I can do pregnancy shots like this (meaning, actually having someone who wants to hire me), I could do looooads and loads of fun stuff.

Great job Mai! I hope the ladies liked them!

Pat in NH

None send of yet, not finished yet. I just did the pictures today but could not at all wait to get started.

#3 an# 5 for me , thank you. When can I expect a print?

I only have an A4 printer - but! I have matte paper for it. Gotta love matte paper. So if Santa just brings me your adress...

wud

As Dave suggested, only thing I did different, was softening her skin and adjusted the exposure/highlight. Looks way better.

I have been looking with a sharp eye on some of the others, some of them needs a little more work, nothing much, but I was so exited hehe....

annika_5708_web3.jpg

RON_RIP

I like to process my prints and then go back a week later and re-visit them. I always find room for improvement. Glad to see you do essentially the same thing . think it will serve you well. And don't forget, Santa Claus is watching all of us.

nidding

Great photos!
I actually preferred the first version. The new one is a little too polished for my taste. With the lights reflecting I kinda feel like the skin has had some sort of glossy paint applied. But maybe somewhere in between?

The poses are just perfect though :)

Krs_2007

As Dave suggested, only thing I did different, was softening her skin and adjusted the exposure/highlight. Looks way better.

I have been looking with a sharp eye on some of the others, some of them needs a little more work, nothing much, but I was so exited hehe....

that does look good, I could go either way Mai. Tough call for me, but you have two great options for your customer.

Last edited:

Moab Man

#3 for me. I would like to see the skin softened on #3 to just shy of halfway of what you did to the photo on post #11.

Regardless, fine work Wud.

wud

I know, a bit on the to soft side, but this may be one of the images that could hang on display (some advertising combined with decorating, so I thought it could take a little extra. I'll try making some prints to see (I already made one in between the first posted and this one).

Sent from Tapatalk

wud

I like to process my prints and then go back a week later and re-visit them. I always find room for improvement. Glad to see you do essentially the same thing . think it will serve you well. And don't forget, Santa Claus is watching all of us.

Hmm! A good advice. Not sure I am structured enough for that..

Sent from Tapatalk

RON_RIP

How is this for structure? After 6 months I go back and review all photos in my to print file that I have not yet printed to see if I can improve them anymore. Tedious, eh. But not all aspects of photography are glamorous.