Sharin is sharin'

Sharin

Hi! I'm Sharin. I "just happened" across this site and I am so glad I did! So much info, such beautiful images, and helpful people = Great combo.

I've goofed around with various pieces of photo equipment but never gotten past the beginner stage. I enjoy taking photos of food, Lego, and nature. Nature includes my cat, Jello Bean :tiger:. I'd really like to take some glorious images of water, but being a desert dweller makes that a tad difficult right now.

I joined this site so I could research and ask questions about the d7100 that I'm considering getting. This camera interests me because of it's exceptional low-light qualities. The night-time images I've seen are gorgeous.

I'm not interested in owning a business and shooting for others, just me.

I'm really looking forward to learning from everyone. ;-)

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Welcome to the site. Just sit back, relax and ask away if you have any about what you intend to accomplish. Don't forget to share your images too.

Sharin

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome! I will begin posting photos I think "are worthy" of being seen here sometime soon, I hope. But bear in mind, I have no models or kids or fancy cars. My stuff is pretty mundane, but it makes me happy when it's something I want to document and it looks decent enough. <Thinking to self: Wow, what a nice bunch of people.:)>

Ironwood

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome! I will begin posting photos I think "are worthy" of being seen here sometime soon, I hope. But bear in mind, I have no models or kids or fancy cars. My stuff is pretty mundane, but it makes me happy when it's something I want to document and it looks decent enough. <Thinking to self: Wow, what a nice bunch of people.:)>

The best way is to start yourself a 365 thread, and just start posting when you can, it gives you a good record of your progress that you can look back on.
And dont worry if you think your subjects are mundane. Mundane for you can be interesting to someone else.

Sharin

Thanks, Brad, but I'm afraid most of my pictures would be terrible. No one would want to see them and I'm sure most would even wonder why I was going through the trouble to take and post them. I'd probably wonder that myself at times. Maybe I could do a Project 52 though.

Thanks for the encouragement!