Loudoun Castle

mrcool90

Hello again, since a few of you's liked my St. Peter's seminary photos. I'll put some photos of a day trip out to Loudoun Castle.

A bit of history first about Loudoun Castle. Loudoun Castle is a 19th century castle in Ayrshire, Scotland which in its currant state is a ruin. It was set on fire way back in the day (like most historic buildings it seems) well an amusement park or theme park was opened on the site in 1995 themed around the castle. The park had some problems and with the opening of the new transport museum and few other free attractions. The park closed it's gates for the final time after the summer of 2010.

Main entrance into the park
du3utatu.jpg

Few photos of the castle itself.
egagaju3.jpg

e3ajebyj.jpg

Twist 'n' shout
4u5ahuqu.jpg

za9u9yvu.jpg

3a8ysy6e.jpg

8yrana3y.jpg

mu4e7uze.jpg

Photos of The Plough.
9udy7uny.jpg

enagu8y7.jpg

umamuvyz.jpg

Loggers Leap
a3y2aqe9.jpg

eza7ada5.jpg

7e3e6ebe.jpg

a3ahe6un.jpg

Other bits around the park.
6eja4yga.jpg

zugysy5y.jpg

6a7e9e6u.jpg

eze5yvuh.jpg

amu5etyt.jpg

Hope you's like the photos, hope I put these in the right topic :S

Simon

mrcool90

Thanks! As long as it's something people are interested in seeing and reading. I had to give a little bit of history behind the park.
I should've took more pictures of the castle, I was pretty much getting ushered out, technically I wasn't suppose to be in there.

Again thank you.

mrcool90

It's a sad place to be considering I spend a lot of summers here when I was at school. It was a great place. It wasn't that hard to get into.

Thanks Jonathan, I would've uploaded larger quality photos but they're off my phone. They're better quality on my flickr.

Jonathan

It's a sad place to be considering I spend a lot of summers here when I was at school. It was a great place. It wasn't that hard to get into.

Thanks Jonathan, I would've uploaded larger quality photos but they're off my phone. They're better quality on my flickr.
Then can you add your Flickr link to your profile so we can follow? The inmates here are a really nosy bunch - they keep looking at your photos!