Moel Famau sunrise (North Wales).. not exactly as planned

simonkit

Set off early yesterday morning to catch the sunrise on Moel Famau in North wales as the weather forecast was very good.. it didn't exactly go as planned though as I had to battle a near blizzard to get to the summit. As it turns out though I probably managed shots a little more different than the one I'd otherwise have taken.

Simon

Moel Famau summit looking towards Moel Arthur

Moel Famau sunrise

Moel Famau summit looking towards Moel Arthur

fotojack

I agree...all excellent shots. It's just that damn watermark in the middle of the shot that ruins it for me! :( Upload at 72ppi and no one is going to bother stealing your images.

simonkit

Thanks everyone for the feedback.. just for info "Moel Famau" translates into English as "Hill of the mothers"

Here's the last one from the morning

Jonathan

Thanks everyone for the feedback.. just for info "Moel Famau" translates into English as "Hill of the mothers"

Here's the last one from the morning
I'm guessing your shots really need to be on very, very big canvasses and that they really look stunning. I feel that, as fantastic as they look here, they'd really blow our socks off if, say, at 10' x 6'.

simonkit

I'm guessing your shots really need to be on very, very big canvasses and that they really look stunning. I feel that, as fantastic as they look here, they'd really blow our socks off if, say, at 10' x 6'.

Yes, it's the problem with most landscape shots, difficult to get the detail across on web images.. I print several of my images at 30x20 inch on canvas and they do look great, especially having bought the D800 3 months ago

Simon

Jonathan

Yes, it's the problem with most landscape shots, difficult to get the detail across on web images.. I print several of my images at 30x20 inch on canvas and they do look great, especially having bought the D800 3 months ago

Simon
Can you DM me with some prices for something that size? I have very fond memories of North Wales, in particular Cardigan Bay and the Llyn Peninsular. Do you ever get as far as Porth Madog or even smelly Pwllheli? I used to sail out of the latter and have some great photos from Turtle, who would cover local regattas from his squib.

RON_RIP

Am in agreement with those who say size matters. It does,especially in landscapes. Many lack impact if they are not printed large.. Then if they are good, as are these, they can really pop.

simonkit

Can you DM me with some prices for something that size? I have very fond memories of North Wales, in particular Cardigan Bay and the Llyn Peninsular. Do you ever get as far as Porth Madog or even smelly Pwllheli? I used to sail out of the latter and have some great photos from Turtle, who would cover local regattas from his squib.

Hi Jonathan.. I'll send you some prices. I'm planning to venture more into southern Snowdonia as I'm currently working on a book and have several locations to shoot

Thanks

Simon