Advice to decide: Nikon 60mm f/2.8G ED AF-S Micro-Nikkor or Sigma 258306 105mm

gerfoto

Hello, any advice would be really appreciated. Which lens would you recommend:

(1) Nikon 60mm f/2.8G ED AF-S Micro-Nikkor
or
(2) Sigma 258306 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Macro

Thanks for your help

Ruidoso Bill

I have the older Sigma 105mm D f2.8 Macro EX. I don't do a lot of Macro (other than some product photography) but I have been very pleased with the sharpness of this lens. I bought mine used and it was around $300 and was well worth the $.

rocketman122

I have the 100mm Tokina macro and like its FL for bugs, flowers, etc.

an EXTREMELY underated and not talked about lens. VERY sharp lens. when I was looking for a 105 lens I looked at everything out there.
the Nikon 105VR is the king of bokeh (of all the 105 macros) and size doesnt change and VR for me is useful. expensive. but for portraits its just amazing, but the Tokina is VERY sharp open as well, nice bokeh. fastish AF. after the nikon 105 AFD, I was going to get the Tokina. not a lens everyone talks about. tamron is too short at 90 and I already have the 85 1.8 AFD. sigma is slow on AF. not as sharp from 3.5 its really good. lacks contrast till its stopped down about a stop.

take a look at the Tokina if the nikon 105 AFS/AFD is out of your reach.
Ive uploaded the little girl before but adding a 3rd.
ELI_9418.jpgELI_9448.jpgELI_9299.jpg

this event was indoors and out so constant EC was needed. and with the girls I blow out the back in PP. hate using flash. it just kills the natural light.
btw, 60mm is too short for insects. you want have room to work. I had the Nikon 60mm sold it. very sharp wide open but not so great for small macro. better for portraits. ELI_4658.jpg
beautiful bokeh.