D7100 Battery Grip.

Moab Man

I had the meike grip and it would constantly cycle the green light on the back of the camera. I am waiting on my replacement after the seller apologized and said it is defective if it is doing that.

WhiteLight

I have a Nikon battery grip for my D7000 & a Neewer (meike all same) for my D5100
there is no difference between the 2... except the quality.
the nikon grip exudes the class, it's made of some kinda metal, maybe magnesium like the body and it feels solid in the hand..
feels happy to hold one.

the Neewer is not bad at all.
serves the purpose by adding the extra girth
but the quality is lacking in terms of build.. you get the plasticky feeling when you hold it.
BUT you will still be happy cos you spent maybe 5 times less :)

thenameislui

WJYPhoto- do you ever make it up to ABQ a lot? i go to UNM there but I'm home in so-cal at the moment. but thanks for the reply!

everyone else! thanks for the input it was greatly appreciated!

Ruidoso Bill

I have a Nikon battery grip for my D7000 & a Neewer (meike all same) for my D5100
there is no difference between the 2... except the quality.
the nikon grip exudes the class, it's made of some kinda metal, maybe magnesium like the body and it feels solid in the hand..
feels happy to hold one.

the Neewer is not bad at all.
serves the purpose by adding the extra girth
but the quality is lacking in terms of build.. you get the plasticky feeling when you hold it.
BUT you will still be happy cos you spent maybe 5 times less :)

Guess I just don't know the difference, never had a real one, spent the money on lenses. Mine have all had a rubber type coating.

Last edited:

Patrick M

I have the Nikon grip, and it's very, very good. As well as a Nikon battery holder, you get an "ordinary" battery holder, and you get a cover as well. It's even got a slot to put the plastic connection cover in so you don't lose it.

Last edited:

jsmalios

I purchased the Pixel battery grip for my D7100 and i am very pleased with what i got! Very good built quality, robust, it feels very professional in your hand, locks very well in place and all the buttons work as they are supposed to! Love the fact that you dont have any cables interfering with your photography (had the Meike for my D3100 and had to connect the grip to the camera body with a cable, it worked fine but not the best, also mush more "plasticky" than the Pixel version). You get two battery holders with the grip, one for an extra original or after market battery and one for 8 AA batteries you can buy anywhere (or rechargable) + a small storage bag for the extra holder. It feels good in my hand both when shooting vertically and is not in my way when shooting horizontally. Love the fact that you can choose in camera whether you want to use your grip battery or the camera battery first! +++

If you want to save some money i absolutely recomend you get the Pixel which will give you a lot for about a 100 dollars, if not then you should go for the original MB-D15 for the price of about 300 dollar.

/Jiannis