Sunset (or not)

wud

Gotta take what you can get, right?

kold_strand_4372_web.jpg

DraganDL

:)Yeah. What you got here is nice, indeed. Vignetting serves it's purpose here. Interesting colors, good composition - reminds me of Brian Eno's "in these metal days..."...

Last edited:

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Very pretty, wud! It's really stunning except I'm not too fond of the vignetting. Was that from a hood?

On the lower left, are they mounds of sand that create some of the circular patterns, or is there water mixed in with sand/rocks? Whatever it is, it is very unusual looking (in a good way)! ;)

wud

:)Yeah. What you got here is nice, indeed. Vignetting serves it's purpose here. Interesting colors, good composition - reminds me of Brian Eno's "in these metal days..."...

Thank you. Lol yes, artificial sunset.

Very pretty, wud! It's really stunning except I'm not too fond of the vignetting. Was that from a hood?

On the lower left, are they mounds of sand that create some of the circular patterns, or is there water mixed in with sand/rocks? Whatever it is, it is very unusual looking (in a good way)! ;)

No I added vignette, maybe to much. Hmm I am not really sure what you mean - could it be the footsteps in sand? Its a man-made beach, quite big (well, danish standards ;)) and took them a while to make. Pretty popular, in winter time dogs are allowed without leash, so its being used all year, therefore always a lot of footsteps.

Here you can see it from above: beach

Ruidoso Bill

I actually think the vignette adds to the sorta surreal quality of the image. I'm normally not fond of heavy vignette but it works for me in this image. Thanks for sharing.

Pretzel

Love it! Love the flare effect down the right side, and the vignette adds a "brooding" kind of feel to the pic. Well done!

wud

The colors are because it was very dark. I took out some blue in the sand - I'm not sure if the white balance was wrong? or if sand often looks blue when it's dark? I liked the purple water though, so I didn't change it.

Sent from Tapatalk