Worst camera by Nikon

Leo2010

I have heard that (even read) that D3000 is the most horrible camera that has been produced by Nikon.

Attachments

• Heritage.jpg
    Heritage.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 311

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
The D3000 is an entry level dSLR - it is missing some features of more expensive cameras to cut down on cost.

Attachments

• Lscha9.jpg
    Lscha9.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4,501
  • B&W marcel.jpg
    B&W marcel.jpg
    587.2 KB · Views: 61
  • backdoorhippie.jpg
    backdoorhippie.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 74

davidventi

I own a D3000 and a Canon Rebel XS and am very pleased with the D3000. My wife uses the Canon and keeps taking my Nikon! Even more so for what I paid for this camera it's way better then the rest.

AmyH19

It's a decent camera, easy to use and can take some really nice photos. It's missing a lot of features but you can still get it to do a lot, especially with good lenses.

blueiron

The worst camera by Nikon was the Pronea [1996 - 1997] and the APS format film, made from 1996 to 2004 [when Kodak finally killled off Advantix APS film]. The Nikkor IX lenses were a failure as well.

Anyone still own one?

Danny17

I'm still surprised by this post.I realise it doesn't come with the finest available lens or equipment,but for the extra roughly 300 dollars from a nicer digicam,it's pretty friggin. cool.Look at this shot I took,it's a little blurry couse I moved it,but come on..you can see the benefits of upgrading from something like P6000.Maybe you just have to try a little harder to hold your camera still.
DSC_0404opty.jpg

Last edited:

fotojack

Nothing at all wrong with the D40. I have a few friends that own the D40 and they take great photos. Most of the time it's photographer that's the problem, not the camera. Put the right lens on there and you can work magic........if you know what you're doing.

Bwilli88

I had a D40 and the D5000 feels like a toy Holga comparatively, I went with a D90 instead. But I would wait until summer end to see if Nikon updates the D90 and if it is better or worse.

zx7dave

Hi...I bought a used D3000 as I wanted a smaller body at times. I found that I use the D3000 just as often as my D300S. I love it..it has great focus and features and can handle the vast majority of my needs. The only limitation with the camera is the lens it comes with as it is a relatively small zoom.
I use mine primarily with the 18-105, or 18-200 and it works very well. For a compact "almost" pocket size version I put the 35mm DX on it. I have no complaints and think this camera is great as a entry level with many built in settings for various scenes...
However I would have to recommend to probably buy the body only and share your existing lenses with your other cameras. And one final note is that there are numerous lenses that the AF feature will not work based on the D3000 does not have a built in AF motor. So check compatibility before you buy if you want the AF feature....
Lastly as I have big hands I purchased a grip for my D3000 off eBay for $49...as the D3000 is a very compact body I find that I have to hold it with my first two fingers only. This is fine unless I have my 18-200 lens on it then it feels a little unsteady. This does not improve the fps, but will substantially improve you ability to grip and hold the camera and also your battery life as like most grips it will hold a second battery. I do not have the grip yet as it is coming from China or similiar..so I can post again later after I have had a chance to use it.
I will note that I shot (without a flash) 1237 pictures in one day on AF and the battery still showed one bar left on battery meter...that is with just the one battery it came with..so it will work well for all day shoots...

I have heard that (even read) that D3000 is the most horrible camera that has been produced by Nikon.

Photoman7mc

Modern Camera Manufacturers don't make 'Bad ' camera's these days, yes they limit the functions, yes the kit lens may be a bit 'soft'.
However used carefully good results should be got,
Remember 'Bad workmen Blame their tools!!

Curt

In defence of the D3000, it’s light, easy to use and the price is right for someone just getting their feet wet in photography. I had one and it took great pictures, as others have said it does not have all the bells and whistles on it. But if you are just starting out you don’t want all that anyway. Its still a Nikon J.

Danny17

It is better than a digi cam once you learn to use it properly.Unless you feel it's too heavy to carry.You're supposed to return your camera if it is that bad that you cannot use it,they test it to see if something is wrong with it,and fix it.Unless you wrecked it yourself.
Isn't that the policy for most of all brands of photo equipment?

Last edited:

lls-indy

I just purchased a D3000 as the second camera body and so far I really have been pleased with the result -- my main camera is a D80, but since I was unable to find another D80 body at a reasonable price, I went with the 3000 -- so far I've been very satisfied with the result.

Ruidoso Bill

I think way to much is made over the equipment and not enough about composition and technique. That being said there are times when some features like focus and low noise etc really help make some shots possible. Some of my most enjoyable and learning photography was done on cameras most would laugh at in comparison to todays hi-tech world but when I look back at some old b&w prints I can still feel the gossen luna pro light meter in my hand. Have fun with what you shoot with.