6 Photography Predictions for 2014

mikew_RIP

The statement that modern compact type cameras can equal DSLR image quality is at the least misleading,it can match what a large amount of DSLR users want from a camera,if its said often enough and loud enough it will be believed by lots of consumers.
From the position of posting on a forum it could be difficult to tell which type of camera the image came from and as the main outlets now for peoples images are the computer screen and the internet i can see the time when the DSLR becomes a rare sight.I still have friends that believed 35mm would never replace roll film i dont believe it did on image quality but it certainly did in the market place.
Every thing changes with time we may end up as an add on section for DSLR users on a bridge camera forum,just like film users are today,my predictions for 2015 are the same as some of the 2014 predictions made now.

Flugelbinder

Don´t believe in everything you read or watch in the internet guys... Or the TV for that matter... They write 6 reasons - I see 7!!! ;) They write "more photographers" - Does that mean that enyone who can take a picture/snapshot is a photographer? Well, we just bought a cute Little camera for our 5 year old nephew, who´s been taking pictures non-stop and showing us and sayind he´s a photographer now... :cool:

Steve B

Predictions??? More like fads and market trends. SSDs in cameras? I can think of a couple of reasons why that isn't a great idea.

Krs_2007

Yep, not anytime soon. I have seen a few that used to use smart phones and compacts for pictures that are now switching to DSLR's.