Used worth of d5200

Mark F

I'm having to sell a fairly new d5200 18-55 kit that was purchased only a few months ago. It has some extras, of which is an extra battery and a sandisk 8gb extreme and a Tarmac bag. I've had it on craigslist for a month. I was told last night that it wasn't worth even 500.00 US since the d5300 came out. I initially set a price of 675.00 US and thought that was fair... Now I don't know.
Needing the money for medical expenses...
Not trying to post this in the marketplace as of yet... Just seeing what people here think

If this post is against policy...'remove it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nickt

You can search on ebay and check the box to only show completed listings. Look for the prices in green, these are items that actually sold. Red prices means it did not sell. You might get more clean hits if you search for 'd5200 body only' on ebay. Then add in roughly 1/2 the new price for the extras or do further searches for the lens, etc. A quick search shows me around $520 for the body only, so your kit is worth more than the $500 that you were told. Ebay fees might be around 15% so keep that in mind too when comparing what you might get to ebay prices.

Mark F

That's what I did to come up with 675.00 and also went to KEH, it's just that people have been offering 500 and less.
Might just be better off going on ebay

Rick M

BH is buying that body for less than $300. If you can get over $400 on craigslist I'd sell it. Plus a little more for the extras

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
That's what I did to come up with 675.00 and also went to KEH, it's just that people have been offering 500 and less.
Might just be better off going on ebay

You can list it on here for free too. EBay charges 10% now. Ugh.

sent from my phone

Bill16

I'm so sorry to hear your having to sell your Nikon! I hope the health issues get better soon! :(
I'm having to sell a fairly new d5200 18-55 kit that was purchased only a few months ago. It has some extras, of which is an extra battery and a sandisk 8gb extreme and a Tarmac bag. I've had it on craigslist for a month. I was told last night that it wasn't worth even 500.00 US since the d5300 came out. I initially set a price of 675.00 US and thought that was fair... Now I don't know.
Needing the money for medical expenses...
Not trying to post this in the marketplace as of yet... Just seeing what people here think

If this post is against policy...'remove it.

Mark F

BH is buying that body for less than $300. If you can get over $400 on craigslist I'd sell it. Plus a little more for the extras

That's a big difference between eBay prices and KEH pricing..
That's what is confusing about selling bodies..

Mark F

I was considering selling the d600 and roll myself back to a
D3200 16-85 and 70-300 kit... But since the d600 lost over half it's value I decided to keep it until finances tell me to sell and roll back.

Mark F

Ended up getting 600.00 for it. So for now, its undecided as to whether or not I keep the rest.
Unless you have good insurance in the US... please don't get sick or have an accident that requires medical care. It can ruin your dreams.

Bill16

Sorry you had to sell it Mark, but I'm glad you got a good price. The rest?
Ended up getting 600.00 for it. So for now, its undecided as to whether or not I keep the rest.
Unless you have good insurance in the US... please don't get sick or have an accident that requires medical care. It can ruin your dreams.

Alex Hufana

I, hear you buddy. I'm fortunate enough to be in the services and have free medical care. I am stationed overseas and had to use German hospitals for my daughter breaking her wrist and had a pneumonia treatment (myself) and was surprised by the bill that I received from the German hospital. For both, I got billed maybe 300 dollars for both treatment. I know for a fact in the U.S. that would have been over $1000 for one of those treatment and probably would have waited 4 or more hours trying to get treated. I hope that you are or will be in good health this new year.