First attempts with new Nikon 35mm 1.8g and Yongnuo 568

Lee532

Got these for Christmas and not having time (plus being male) I never read the manual on the flash just chucked them on the camera and set off to the families for Xmas dinner. Set the flash to
I-TTL and then tried to get the kids to stay still for long enough!

dsc_1233.jpg

dsc_1236.jpg

dsc_1245.jpg

dsc_1318.jpg

I have adjusted exposure in LR5 and dropped the highlights and whites but for first attempts with the lens and a flash gun I was fairly happy with the results. More practice and learning how to use the flash in store I think.

wud

Well done, for your first time :) Very christmas'ish. And the kids looks like a lot of fun!
Number 3 are a little to sharp, you want her skin to be soft. You managed quite good not to get that annoying flash glare.

Ain't that 35mm just the best? I love mine.

.. not having time (plus being male) I never read the manual on the flash just chucked them on the camera and set off

Thats not only a guy thing ;)

BackdoorArts

Nice shots, and I particularly like the bubble photo.

As Scott said, start working with a bounce and diffuser. Indoors for family photos I almost always shoot straight up with the white card pulled. When no ceiling is available aim down and diffuse.

Lurch

I have a 568 as a backup flash to my SB910. Had I known how good the 568 is I probably would have saved a butt-load of cash and just gotten two of them :)

Lee532

Well done, for your first time :) Very christmas'ish. And the kids looks like a lot of fun!
Number 3 are a little to sharp, you want her skin to be soft. You managed quite good not to get that annoying flash glare.

Ain't that 35mm just the best? I love mine.

Thats not only a guy thing ;)
Thanks Wud, will keep those tips in mind. I'm definitely impressed with the lens and it has lived up to the reviews I read.

Last edited:

Lee532

Nice shots, and I particularly like the bubble photo.

As Scott said, start working with a bounce and diffuser. Indoors for family photos I almost always shoot straight up with the white card pulled. When no ceiling is available aim down and diffuse.
thanks for the tips Jake

Lee532

Not quite got the flash lighting right on this one but I'm still learning. Love the results from 35mm f1.8g though, what a stunning little lens.

dsc_1439.jpg