Newbie framing advice

southwestsam

We have loads of cafés and independent restaurants near where we live and I was thinking of canvassing them for some free display space.

im looking for advice re framing/presentation of my work. What services do you find are best? Do you frame yourself and if so how?

Also would be great to have an idea of the costs associated with the various methods so I can work out approximate price points etc.

southwestsam

Do you buy the frame/prints separately though and do it yourself or purchase it pre-framed online?

what have you found produces best results?

nikonpup

good framing and matting is not cheap. What you may like the client may not. For display mount your print on a foam board and let the client chose their own framing.

RON_RIP

Most of my prints are with white mats that i cut myself and White or black thin metal frames. The mats are acid-free and the glass is conservation glass. i make every effort to preserve my photos for as long as possible. Many other of my prints are given a backboard and mat and placed in a glassine envelope and the customer can make their own decision about frames. Any way you do it is mostly just guess work as to what people will respond to.