Mike from Guernsey

Mike Brehaut

Hi all,

I'm Mike Brehaut from Guernsey (small island off the coast of France)

I've been a professional photographer for around 6 years now and started to teach a few years back. The main parts to my work are weddings, portraits, teaching and some commercial work.

I started using Nikon when the D3 first came out as it has a great high ISO and for wedding work was excellent, I still use it today (with a D800).

My ethos for the video's will be mainly based around taking great pics without the need for very expensive equipment, I'm using a (borrowed) D5100 for most of them and other basic equipment. I find that teaching also teaches me, we sometimes do things without thinking and it's great to slow down and work out how things work.

My other interests are motorcycling (I have a KTM 990 SMT) and running/gym to keep fit for all day wedding photography!

Thanks very much.

Mike

Scott Murray

Welcome Mike and thanks for the great introduction. I have seen your first video and it was impressive, so I eagerly await for more. If you can produce a wedding one for dummies before February I would be greatly appreciative lol. I am doing my first real wedding for a friend then so its going to be fun and challenging, before then I have only done family weddings.

fotojack

Welcome to Nikonites, Mike. Good choice of camera you have there, in the D3. It's on my wish list. :) Enjoy it here, and have fun.