Any GIMP users here?

Glassman

Just curious if there were any other GIMP users out there. I've been using the program for a while and I have to say it has become my favorite image editing software. Mind you I haven't used PS in years but last time I used it I just couldn't find a reason to spend money on PS when GIMP was free.

fotojack

Glassman, I couldn't agree more on your reasoning. In my humble opinion, I've always believed PS to be way overpriced. GIMP is a good program, and if you're familiar with it, and it does what you want it to do, why not use it? Makes sense to me. :)

KennethHamlett

Hey Glassman I used GIMP for a little while. The only real reason I stopped is because it didn't flow seamlessly with Lightroom. Otherwise it is a great program, especially for the price.

Ruidoso Bill

Gimp is very powerful, a great program, I also love the price. I started using it back when I was trying to go completely to Linux. I have done some on a couple of my machines but got trapped back into windows because of some hadrware/software requirements. I now do the majority in lightroom.

megan.e.arlitz

So far I am loving Gimp, I now have 2.8 and well it's nice.. I recently learned how to make Fake HDR images.. I'm still trying to learn how to do the Dramatic sky, the tutorial I tried didn't help me at all. So maybe someone can help me out? I hope...