Nikons 2014 Prime Lens Possibilities...(or new lens in general)

ShootRaw

So per Nikon rumors there are some possible prime lens coming in 2014...I am crossing my fingers that the 135mm 1.8g hits the market sooner then later..This thread can be for discussions of your wishes for Nikon lens to hit the market this year (2014)

ShootRaw

Not to long ago..March 9th 2012 in Japan..This would be what I need on the long end...It is that or a 70mm-200mm 2.8
I know the zoom would be more versatile, but I love primes..Decisions

Rick M

Not to long ago..March 9th 2012 in Japan..This would be what I need on the long end...It is that or a 70mm-200mm 2.8
I know the zoom would be more versatile, but I love primes..Decisions

Yes and as soon as you get one, you'll want the other too :).

ShootRaw

How are you enjoying the F4 version Rick..I do a lot of portraiture and want the fastest possible..But have heard great things..(70-200 f/4)

Rick M

I really like it for portraits (I usually shoot them at f5 or above anyway). I do a lot of hiking and didn't want the weight of a 2.8, sure it would be nice to have, but not on a 5-10 mile hike. I debated for months between the f4 and the new Tamron, after handling them both in a shop I knew I would use the f4 much more.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Im jelly of the Zeiss 135mm you own..Great lens..If Nikon could match that one with the their 135mm 1.8..Id be in heaven..lol

Most people will not buy that lens except for the Zeiss fanatics and other people who are very critical with lenses. It is too much money for a prime lens IMO but I really love it. It's my only Zeiss lens and I don't plan to get the wider prime lenses.

Now that I have most of the lenses that I wanted, I feel sick for getting them. Probably because it is too cold to go out and shoot. Not that cold compared to the folks up North but cold enough to wear gloves.

The only lens on my lens lust list are the 14-24mm f2.8 and Nikon 200mm f2 VR. I don't think I really need them but I just want to try them for 2 to 3 weeks.

ShootRaw

I hear you on the too cold part^^I really wanna go shoot something. But my family has been sick back and forth..The 200mm F2 is a beast and way too expensive..2014 cant get here soon enough to see what Nikon is going to do this coming year..Im so ancy..