Hello from the Midwest

Jeff_J

Hailing from the great state of Iowa.

New to photography. Sure I have taken plenty of point and shoot photos. And the majority were not that great. So I have chosen to go down the path of DSLR. It certainly is more sophisticated than a point and shoot. But is something that I need to conquer my photo goals.

My goal with this new camera is to: 1. Take my boys' Senior pictures (kind of a money saver and a little pride) 2. Take better photos of my boys' activities (concerts, baseball, football, and basketball). All hoping to do this with the equipment that I have (D5200, 18mm-55mm, and 55mm-300mm). I get distracted sometimes and find myself wanting to buy more gear.

Hoping to get more knowledge under my belt with this site. I haven't looked here much. But I see myself asking a lot of beginner questions. Please be patient as I ask questions that I am sure others have asked a thousand times. As I get more used to the site, I will learn to conquer the search function.

Well that is enough rambling for my first post.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Welcome to the forum. Try the search feature to see if you can find topics that might have been asked and answered before.

Like most hobbies, our equipment have their limitations and will require some upgrade down the road which is not cheap.

Sent from my iPhone.