Battery Grip for D300 needed!

Bill16

Hi all! I need a battery grip for my new/used D300 when it gets here! I would love to be able to get a Nikon brand grip, and wondered if anyone had one they are interested in selling and for how much? I may have to settle for a cheaper grip, so if you have a good grip in great shape for the D300 I am interested.

But I do prefer to get the Nikon MB-D10 grip if I can manage to afford it somehow! Lol :D

Depending on the price asked, I may have to wait to buy it until the beginning of next month.

Bill16

OK, I managed to get a Nikon brand battery grip. It was used so I got it for $113.00 with free shipping from Roberts Cameras. I don't know if it's genuine for sure, but it seems like it. Anyway it should work! Lol :D

fotojack

I don't know if it's genuine......

Bill, look on the top part, where the pins are. It should have a serial number and it will say Made in Thailand, along with some symbols, such as a 10 inside an arrowed circle, a garbage can with an X through it, the letters CE and FCC. The grip itself will only hold one battery...the camera will hold the other battery. The grip should also come with a double A battery bracket.

JT1_3498.JPG JT1_3499.JPG

Bill16

The photos of the grip aren't the best, but it seems to have stuff you mentioned though I won't be able to see it well enough to be 100% positive on every detail till it gets delivered. But it's used and it doesn't look like it will have the tray for the AAs. Just the normal battery tray for the single battery pack.
It also looks like it's made out of aluminum, since there is a little wear in one spot.

fotojack

The photos of the grip aren't the best, but it seems to have stuff you mentioned though I won't be able to see it well enough to be 100% positive on every detail till it gets delivered. But it's used and it doesn't look like it will have the tray for the AAs. Just the normal battery tray for the single battery pack.
It also looks like it's made out of aluminum, since there is a little wear in one spot.

What do you mean the pictures aren't the best?? LOL Just click on the picture, Bill. It will be larger to view. :) And that battery tray should be inside the grip when you get it.

Bill16

Not your pics! Lol The listing's pics on the ebay listing aren't good! :D Here is the listing. :)
Not the best angles, and not very many pics in the listing.

What do you mean the pictures aren't the best?? LOL Just click on the picture, Bill. It will be larger to view. :) And that battery tray should be inside the grip when you get it.

Last edited:

fotojack

Not your pics! Lol The listing's pics on the ebay listing aren't good! :D Here is the listing. :)
Not the best angles, and not very many pics in the listing.

LOL...yes, I know, Bill. I was just yanking your chain. :) And yeah, it does look kinda beat up, but it looks to be the genuine article.

Bill16

@fotojack So what's the verdict my friend? Did I pay too much, do you think? Or did I get a fair deal? Lol :D
I'm going to live with it either way.lol But I am always curious, and I value your opinion! :)

fotojack

@fotojack So what's the verdict my friend? Did I pay too much, do you think? Or did I get a fair deal? Lol :D
I'm going to live with it either way.lol But I am always curious, and I value your opinion! :)

Yeah, I think you got a fair deal. Those damn things are expensive, so if it still works (I have no doubt that it will), then it's all good. Let me know when it shows up, OK? Take pictures of the D300 and the grip separate and together in different poses. :)

Bill16

OK will do! Thanks Jack! :D
Yeah, I think you got a fair deal. Those damn things are expensive, so if it still works (I have no doubt that it will), then it's all good. Let me know when it shows up, OK? Take pictures of the D300 and the grip separate and together in different poses. :)

marcelt

Hi There, If your still looking for a battery grip for your d300 I have one that's pretty much new just used a few times. The grip is a Nikon model and comes with the box,extra double aa battery pack and papers. let me know what price range your looking to spend. My email address is [email protected] ,thanks Marcel

Bill16

Thank you very much, but I already bought one.I just can't afford to buy another one, even though it sounds like yours is in much better condition.
But again, thank you for offering! :)
Hi There, If your still looking for a battery grip for your d300 I have one that's pretty much new just used a few times. The grip is a Nikon model and comes with the box,extra double aa battery pack and papers. let me know what price range your looking to spend. My email address is [email protected] ,thanks Marcel