Litchfield into the moon

Scott Murray

What are everyone's thoughts over this image? Does it work or not? Is it ruined by the aspects that I tried to keep?"

This is another experimentation stage of what I am trying to achieve.

Screenshot 2013-12-21 21.52.39.png

SHM_7484.jpg

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Sorry Scott, but it doesn't work for me. There are too many elements to look at and the light is coming from all over. Difficult to decide if it was day or night... But don't give up, the next trial might bring the magic image you've imagined.

Scott Murray

Sorry Scott, but it doesn't work for me. There are too many elements to look at and the light is coming from all over. Difficult to decide if it was day or night... But don't give up, the next trial might bring the magic image you've imagined.
Cheers Marcel, this is why I 2nd guessed myself about posting it. But I am thinking this may be one of those times that I throw all I know out the window and show whats is. And this is what was seen that early morning good or bad. And this to some is just a wish, as no one in their right mind would venture out there and take photos while being eaten alive by mosquitos ;-). This was my best shot of that time, next time I will plan. No Moon, lots of Mozzie repellent. And a friggin torch and cable release ;-). That is all.

Scott Murray

It's too harsh for my tastes. I like the composition and the gradation across the sky, almost like day to night.
Thanks Jonathan, the only issue with a fullish moon is the light, and it gives off enough illumination to light the sky blue with long exposures. I look at it as another way of seeing the night as it is not always dark and gloomy but it can be bright as the day. I am guessing a trip to where they have endless nights or days may also be confusing ;-)

BackdoorArts

I'm having a tough time trying to figure out what was really there, what you did in the field and what you tried in post. It looks like you did some light painting in the field, but perhaps not. There's some severe sharpening/clarifying going on at the top edge of that mound at the left. If it's not flat then you've totally flattened it. It looks like it could be a piece of slate shot straight out of the ground. Foreground is too harsh.

Would love to see what it looks like out of the camera. It has the potential to be something cool depending on how much of the distraction was done in post. As is the foreground is overlit and harsh, which I'm assuming was done in the field, and the lighting is very uneven. I did a little work with just the burn and dodge tools in PS trying to even up the foreground and fade it back a bit. Not a stellar effort, but it moves it in what I believe is a positive direction.

Litchfield1.jpg

Scott Murray

I'm having a tough time trying to figure out what was really there, what you did in the field and what you tried in post. It looks like you did some light painting in the field, but perhaps not. There's some severe sharpening/clarifying going on at the top edge of that mound at the left. If it's not flat then you've totally flattened it. It looks like it could be a piece of slate shot straight out of the ground. Foreground is too harsh.

Would love to see what it looks like out of the camera. It has the potential to be something cool depending on how much of the distraction was done in post. As is the foreground is overlit and harsh, which I'm assuming was done in the field, and the lighting is very uneven. I did a little work with just the burn and dodge tools in PS trying to even up the foreground and fade it back a bit. Not a stellar effort, but it moves it in what I believe is a positive direction.

View attachment 63420

Here is SOOC.
The shadow you see is onboard flash and 16mm DOF.
SHM_7484-3.jpg