Hello from a noob

nook6

Hi

Im a noob who likes taking photos I have only recently bought 2 DSLR's the first one I bought was a Samsung GX10 with an 18mm-55mm lens and a 55mm-200mm lens. then not satisfied with that I bought a Nikon D3200 kit with the 18mm-55mm lens.

As i say im new to this and all in all i would say i have taken about 100 photos and about 2 nice ones lol.

Don't know what else to say so i will leave it there and i will answer any questions that arise lol

By the way i live in Norfolk in the UK (South east England).

Dave

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Welcome to Nikonites, I hope you will find the courage to get passed the first deceiving months of learning. Photography involves a lot more than pointing and shooting with a camera. You have to watch the light and learn how your tool (camera) will react to it. You could buy all cameras and still get the same results if you don't understand what you are looking for.

Like buying cars expecting them to drive by themselves. :)

Enjoy your Nikon!

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Welcome to the forum.

To help you out get slightly better pictures, consider getting a flash like the Nikon SB 700.

On the camera menu, set ISO sensitivity minimum to 100. Max sensitivity to ISO 3200.

Use P mode. It's similar to auto but it does use the pop up flash unlike in auto mode.

Read you camera features and what they can do. Share your work to get some feedback.

Above all, enjoy your Nikon.

Sent from my iPhone.

nook6

Welcome to the forum.

To help you out get slightly better pictures, consider getting a flash like the Nikon SB 700.

On the camera menu, set ISO sensitivity minimum to 100. Max sensitivity to ISO 3200.

Use P mode. It's similar to auto but it does use the pop up flash unlike in auto mode.

Read you camera features and what they can do. Share your work to get some feedback.

Above all, enjoy your Nikon.

Sent from my iPhone.

Hi

I did start in auto but didn't like it lol i like to focus myself so use it in manual now, But i am looking for a flash i did buy a cheap lighting kit (two lights on stands with umbrellas 125w) but they don't seem bright enough for the camera.

nook6

Hi
Thanks Siamthai1
I didn't mean ignore the picture i just meant ignore the post as i was attempting to add a photo from my Flickr and thought it may well go wrong so the "please ignore this post" was in anticipation of the mess it may have looked if it didn't work correctly :) lmao

Dave