Buy D7100 now or in new years?

waloshin

I see almost every camera store in Canada has the D7100 for $1000 because of some rebate right now down from $1100 - $1200. Would I be better off buying now or waiting maybe 3 months?

Thanks

Scott Murray

I see almost every camera store in Canada has the D7100 for $1000 because of some rebate right now down from $1100 - $1200. Would I be better off buying now or waiting maybe 3 months?

Thanks
Your guess is as good as mine, all depends on what your idea of a savings is and if you want it now...

Moab Man

Looking into my crystal ball of dysfunction... With the D7100 being the strong hit that it is I just can't see them really doing much with the price. They are having no problem moving that camera at its price point. Honestly, I paid the full $1200 body cost when it was new and having owned the camera for a while feel like it was worth more and I would have paid it knowing what I know from using it.

Deezey

Buy now and use it over the holidays to capture some special memories.

That will be worth more than some extra paper in the wallet.

BackdoorArts

It's the holiday buying rush and prices are adjusted to aid in that. Nikon always seems to have some sort of deal, but if I look back to my experience buying the D600 and D800 towards the end of last year I never saw a deal better than the one I got/could have had in December. Best you can hope to do by waiting is for someone to match it. The D7100 will stay where it is until they replace it, and then you might as well ask if you should get it or the new model. If you're ready and there's a price break, buy!! Better to start shooting now than have to wait and wish you had it while the price is up.