Fuji 800 Film and the F3

Dubiousone

I've been using Fuji; I like the color rendition and the 200 is what I've been using but I picked up a pack of 400 for a project I'm working on yesterday and I noticed they have 800?

I've never used that, I recall 400 used to be grainy and 200 was much better in that respect (not sure if this is still true or not) but I was wondering if any of you out there in geezer-camera land have used Fuji 800 and what do you think about grain, color and so on?

My project is a sweet F3 I picked up with the SB-17 and 43-86 AI zoom (I know, but it's weird which is why I like it)

Brian

This is one of those things that you need to try to test your threshold. I used 800 speed film "in a pinch", found photoshop was very useful to clip the grain in the shadow areas.

The 43~86 Ai was a big improvement over the original 9-element lens.

rocketman122

Wow how I remember a big smile on my face when at weddings I would take out the 800 superia and push it to 1600. what speed! HAHA. I only used a few rolls on the dance floor but I was so excited I could be "free" from flash for a few rolls. today its just amazing. ff iso 6400 looks like 800 with film.