Concert images

wud

On the road yesterday with the band I've worked for in the past (doing lights), to make concert images. Oh how I missed working at concerts :) Didn't miss the coming home beyond late though, lol.

Only starred the images quicky and edited this one, so the band could post a "thank you for yesterday", so more will come. This is done with the 35mm at f/2.8, 1/160, iso 1600.
Only PP is recovery of some of the burned out white and made B/W.

von_posten_3387_web.jpg

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Wud - what was blocking your view on the right? Did you use spot metering or matrix metering? Concerts are fun to shoot except when you forget to bring ear plugs. ;)

wud

Wud - what was blocking your view on the right? Did you use spot metering or matrix metering? Concerts are fun to shoot except when you forget to bring ear plugs. ;)

Matrix but I use manual settings, so that doesnt really matter.

Its audience. And its on purpose, I like images like that :)

von_posten_3380_web.jpg

von_posten_3488_web.jpg

wud

Thank you :) I had such a good time.

Really happy with this:

von_posten_2956_web.jpg

Must be the image I was doing here, lol:

906505_701377283213965_1146385585_o.jpg

Taken by a B j a r n e S p e t h H a n s e n

wud

Very nice looks like you had some good access too!

do you still class yourself as a hobbyist? If so how come you've ended up with a D3?

Yeah, the stage was pretty big, that was great so I could also get close shots of the drummer.

Hehe... well. I dont know.... Seems like a big step, updating my profile to semi-pro ;)
I ended up with a D3 because I had to get another camera, as my husbands broke and he took mine (Canon 40D). I wanted something with a faster shutter and better iso, and a decent update, so we looked at used Canons in the 5-series, but they didn't feel right. Then I tripped over Nikon D3 and immediately fell in love :)

I would like to photograph professional halftime, but it takes time to get customers enough. And I spend an awful amount of time on everyone of my shootings, for a way to cheap amount of money lol..

southwestsam

Ah I see! Well having seen a fair amount of work you've posted on here it definitely looks good enough to sell!

I think you should take the plunge and just change it :p

im looking forward to the day I can upgrade to an FX - the mrs will take a LOT of persuading to let me spend more on a camera than I did on her engagement ring though :D

wud

Ah I see! Well having seen a fair amount of work you've posted on here it definitely looks good enough to sell!

I think you should take the plunge and just change it :p

im looking forward to the day I can upgrade to an FX - the mrs will take a LOT of persuading to let me spend more on a camera than I did on her engagement ring though :D

Yes, full frame was another thing I really wanted. Its very nice. Hmm, okay. I'll do it. Only because I am already having payed shoots.

Guess my husband thought well, when she is photographing, at least she isn't bothering me about stuff I need to fix in the house ;)

Scott Murray

Luckily I do not know any professional questions ;-) mine are all as a learner. Like how do you compensate for the flashing lights that we find at events and then the fact that you have fast moving singers and vocalist's?