Posted on G+ by Pro Photog!

Scott Murray

Ok which one would you prefer? The left is the Pro's version of this person, the right is my version with out seeing him. Sorry I could not edit out those annoying shadows.. Due to him being too close to the wall.

Screenshot 2013-12-20 01.43.46.jpg

BackdoorArts

It would all depend on what it's being used for. I have no issue with the image on the left, particularly if it's only being used to accompany a story and not being passed off as formal portraiture.

BackdoorArts

George has been in the business for years, so I'm going to have to assume that what he wanted was something informal, which is what this is. "Headshot" is just that, and it's not to be confused with a portrait. I hate the lines in the background, but that's just personal, and if it's just something to be tossed in papers or on websites when he's making appearances I find no issue with it.

Scott Murray

George has been in the business for years, so I'm going to have to assume that what he wanted was something informal, which is what this is. "Headshot" is just that, and it's not to be confused with a portrait. I hate the lines in the background, but that's just personal, and if it's just something to be tossed in papers or on websites when he's making appearances I find no issue with it.
Hmm ok then I guess my version of a decent shot regardless of informal or not are different. It took me 1sec to get rid of those lines. And I never recalled him being so pale, its almost sickly. I guess I am just a hobbyist and do not know what it takes to be a pro as in this shot.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Hmm ok then I guess my version of a decent shot regardless of informal or not are different. It took me 1sec to get rid of those lines. And I never recalled him being so pale, its almost sickly. I guess I am just a hobbyist and do not know what it takes to be a pro as in this shot.

Actually I thought he looked a little too warm in your version, Scott, as Asians tend to be on the pale side. The purple in his shirt is bugging me--in both photos. It isn't moire, but there is something about it that I don't like. It takes my eye away from his face.

wornish

I have to agree with Jonathan re too much PP.
The left looks a bit washed out and the right has too much contrast in the shirt.

wev

Contributor
This is pretty sloppy and the FB image quality is pretty iffy. I should probably stick to flowers. . .

Takei.jpg