Synchronizing two Nikon D4s - GPS or what ?

pajamies

Photographing grandson's football games with two D4s - I have one with 400mm and my son has the other one with 70-200mm. We both use 10 shots a second.
I get about 3500 shots per game and post processing is laborious.

The annoying thing is that the shots from the two cameras have different time in spite of checking clocks on both cameras just before the game. Takes time to shuffle the pictures into the correct sequence.

How accurately will GPS time the clocks? Should be 0.1 seconds at least, because there will be 10 shots a second.

WayneF

How accurately will GPS time the clocks? Should be 0.1 seconds at least, because there will be 10 shots a second.

Don't know, but it seems a factor that the Exif in the file only appears to report time to the nearest second. Your frame numbers should be in order.

Sambr

Welcome to the forum. 3500 per game? You need to slow down. I too have a D4 and shoot sports ( football, hockey, roller derby) at most 800 shots. You might as well take a movie and pick the frames you want.

pajamies

Welcome to the forum. 3500 per game? You need to slow down. I too have a D4 and shoot sports ( football, hockey, roller derby) at most 800 shots. You might as well take a movie and pick the frames you want.

3500 shots is a lot, but on the other hand it only covers 350 seconds when photographed at 10 frames per second. Add to this that they are simultaneous shots from two cameras, so it is only 175 seconds of the 90 minutes total (yes it is the European football, or soccer):)