Poll

MileHighAko

I own this camera. My long time Canon shooting friend purchased one as well after using mine for a day. It really is a great camera. Not perfect, and maybe not for everyone, but wonderful for me.

NaOH

I just picked mine up a couple hours ago then went snowshoeing. Now I'm with the manual trying to figure out how to do what I wanted to do earlier. :eek:

I like the 39 point AF and the metering. The 6 fps rocks too over my D80.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I've had it since about 2 days before X-mas.
I'm really happy with it. I find it has a very fine color IQ.
I've posted a few shots taken with it and I feel the colors are much better than what I had with my D90.

Marcel

Kamper

I finally got mine D7000 the first of November and purchased the battery grip. I really like it and have about 7-800 shots under my belt. Much higher ISO ability over my old D80. Takes photos real fast and has some real nice pro features. The CMOS sensor is a big step over the CCD of the D80 also. Still learning all the features...

Ken

S.Stone

Picked mine up a few weeks ago to upgrade my D80. Been through the manual once, but still need a big shoot to run it through its paces. I shoot a lot in low light, and so far the D7000 has not disappointed. I wouldn't dare shoot above ISO400 on my D80, but now I'm comfortable at 1600 (especially with the noise reduction in LR3)

Sean

Curt

I have had mine for a week now and I love it, so many great new features such as: two slots memory cards, U1 & U2, longer battery life, ISO upgrade etc. Fantastic camera, was thinking of the D300s to start, but I am so happy I went with the D7000. Can't wait for spring to really put it though its paces...lol.

photojewels

I got my D7000 back in November and I am disappointed as I have had focus issues from the start and sent it back for repair today. I've shot 4-5000 photos with it so far with too many of those soft/back focus regardless of setting or lens. From what I've read, the ones manufactured now are fine, but some of those in the first batch had hot pixel and focus issues (mine had both). I believe it's a great camera and I'm praying it comes back in two weeks working as intended.

Curt

Its a real shame there are some D7000 owners that are unhappy with their cameras. I really hope they get them fixed and to the point where they are happy with the D7000. Myself I have had mine for a bit over three weeks and love it!
I have had no problems at all, I am assuming most of you on this thread are very happy with your D7000?
I had thought of going to the D300s, but ended up with the D7000 after talking to, and listening to others and reviews.
I am very happy so far with my choice:). It has so many great features and has such a nice feel to it.

Curt

I am going overseas in April and I am taking my D7000 along to put it through its paces. Will keep you all posted on how it performed. I coupled it up with a Eye-Fi SD card (Killer combo) Think I will bring my 18-135mm & my 50mm (for low light).
So far the D7000 has not let me down, three weeks in :).

stevecon

I have been using a D80 for years and wanted the D90 - but couldn't justify the purchase. The D7000 came out - and that was going to be it. When I had the cash - they were in short supply. I finally bought mine in March. I love the camera - it's a dream!

photojewels

Update on my camera repair: the store ended up exchanging the camera since they were taking so long on the repair. I don't even know if they FIXED it because as of today, nearly a month after taking it in, it had just been assigned to a technician to look at it with no ETA of when I could expect it. I'm thankful to have a camera in my hands that (so far) seems to be focusing without any issues, but I'm disgusted with the store I bought from as they didn't have any information about what happened with my repair from 3/19 to 4/04! I do have to say that even with the focus issues with the first one, I have enjoyed this camera very much.

Dave Hamilton

I got mine back in November. The next week I took it to Whistler, Canada for a week. They had early snow which allowed me to get some spectacular shots! I shot an entire season of soccer and softball and have been very pleased with the D7000 in the manual mode. I shoot with an 18-105 and a 70-200 (2.8). Overall I'd say I have a very nice set-up!