dilemma about buying a lens or a camera

mannyt666

​so this photographer where i live is selling off his nikon stuff and 2 things interested me in the things he listed. one was the AF-S 28-70mm f/2.8D with some weird noise when its autofocusing and the other one is the nikon D2H 4.1 mp im sure you all know about this camera. i need some tips or recommendations on which to get. i have the money for one. if you guys could help me decide it would be awesome. thank you in advance

Bill16

I'd have to agree that the D2h would not be a great choice of Nikon's these days! I don't think I would go with a lens making strange noises either. Are you sure it's the lens making the noise, or is it the focus motor in the Nikon?

Well anyway you can get some great Nikon's used for reasonable prices that will work much better for you. The same can be said for lenses too.

If you really liked the feel of the D2h, then you might really like the D90! It's older tech too, but not as limited as the D2h.

But Don is right! The newer models he mentioned will give you way better photos than the D2h, and offers a ton more abilities and options! :D

Bill16

Well I imagine it would be fun to play with, if your not too picky about picture quality. I've often been tempted to get the D2X because I figured it would be fun to use. But the cost vs the picture quality has stopped me so far. Lol :D
i just love the fact that the d2h can shoot up to 8fps

i just love the fact that the d2h can shoot up to 8fps

The D7000 can shoot 6FPS and it has the focus motor in the body also.

The 2 frames per second is not worth the loss in quality.
You have the D3200. Save your money and get better glass for it. Remember that it does not have the focus motor built in so the lens that the guy has probably would not work in AF with it anyway. You need AF-S lens

mannyt666

thanks for the replies i went to check out the lens and it turns out it was screeching when it was auto focusing so that turned me away from the lens. and about the camera i think i could get a better deal on ebay just to have one and play around with it. but im gonna save the rest of the money for better glass. now to decide what to get

aroy

I would never go near these old cameras, when cameras like D3200 are available at low price. As you have one already save up and get modern glass. The 50mm 1.8G is an excellent buy and would complement the 35mm 1.8g perfectly.