Today's pics with the D7000

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I thought I'd post a few shots I did yesterday and today with the D7000.
Most were done with the 50 1.8.
You can see other pics taken with the 18-200 on my gallery.
MCC_0479 2.jpgMCC_0470 1.jpgMCC_0465 4.jpgMCC_0472 3.jpgMCC_0453 5.jpgMCC_0463 3.jpgMCC_0474 2.jpgMCC_0473 1.jpg

fotojack

All nice shots, Marcel. Personal observation? Adjust the White Balance. Some of the shots are too bright. They need more contrast. The self portrait one is perfect. I wouldn't touch that one.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Yes there was some sharpening and contrast adjustments. The light was REALLY flat. As for the white balance, I left it on the cold side since I prefer to see blue snow rather than yellow snow. And I did overexpose a few... I should have relied on the histogram rather than the look on the camera's monitor (when seen in the white light of outside).

Thanks for your replies,

Marcel

Ruidoso Bill

Nice shot, I also have a sigma 105, really sharp when I get it dead on. I don't like yellow snow either, flashback to childhood I guess...

Last edited:

Kamesh

Hi friends,

Thanks once again to you all for making me pick my dream camera. After migrating from my four and a half year old point and shoot, i spent some good 14 hours trying to analyze why all my pics were dark, then realized from my cousin that the exposure metering was set to -3.3, lol.

Here are few pics which I shot in the evening, including my 1 year old son. Please suggest where I need to work on :)

DSC_0147.JPGDSC_0168.JPGDSC_0179_001.JPGDSC_0210_013.JPGDSC_0212_014.JPGDSC_0230_028.JPG

Kamesh

Friends,

Enclosing few more pics of my 2nd day's experience. I think I have improved over the 1st. Would love to know your valuable inputs. Tried bird shoots, but 18-105 felt too short distance and failed. However, my kids are always there for me. Daughter and Son feature in few pics :) Please do suggest if am missing something. Using Manual mode always...

DSC_0453_145.JPGDSC_0471_147.JPGDSC_0516_181.JPGDSC_0531.JPGDSC_0594.JPGDSC_0611.JPG

emoxley

I think the pics look good. You're doing very well with the new camera. Cute kids.
I'd just suggest that you get out and take pics around town and the countryside. Keep up the good work........... :)

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Marcel has been playing with the D7000...wonder if it is going to Julian's??? :)

I'm still undecided on that matter. Still waiting to get final info from Julian. My plane ticket is un-refundable and I hope he gets back to me soon.

Kamesh

Few to share with :)

1) My old Hot Wheels giving way to my Son's new Nissan GT350

DSC_3790_2032_01.JPG

2) My sweet ride and

DSC_2669_1441_01-4_01.JPG

3) A view of the Stadium from my House located on 6th floor

DSC_3226_1702_01.JPG

alex_c

All nice shots, Marcel. Personal observation? Adjust the White Balance. Some of the shots are too bright. They need more contrast. The self portrait one is perfect. I wouldn't touch that one.

I'm barely a beginner, but I kind of like the "high-key" look to the pictures... you can almost feel the cold!

Tami Jo

Those are all nice shots, Kamesh. You are doing really well. Mine was just delivered today:D I am now anxiously waiting for the battery to charge so I can begin exploring the menu's and getting it configured. I hope to post a few shots soon, so much to figure out!