Posting Pics so People Can Buy?

jazman444

I got approached recently to take pictures for gymnastics team. They were wondering if I could take a bunch of pictures and upload them to a site so that people could purchase them. I tried a google search and didnt really get anything. So does anyone know of a site that I could do this through?

Thanks in advanced

ohkphoto

Snow White
I would highly recommend Zenfolio.com If you click on my signature link, it will take you to my site. I also have a code that will give you a discount if you're interested. They have the lowest commission I could find.

ohkphoto

Snow White
I would recommend the middle option . . . I think it's $100 annual fee and the commission they charge is very reasonable and only on the profits. You can try the free one but I don't think it comes with e-commerce. It's easy to customize and quick and easy for clients to use.

I made $185 in print and download sales from this site just since Christmas.

I'll email you the code for a $5 discount in case you want to use it.

Best Regards

jazman444

Thank you once again. I just set up a trial and got my page all set up. Im waiting because the guy that wants me to take the pics said he would pay the set up fees for this site. so I know for sure that I will get my first year free. He also said I could use it for my personal use so I could also use it for my schools sports pics and other random events at school.

Browncoat

SmugMug is another option. I've had a trial there, and it's easy enough to use. Not sure how it stacks up against Zenfolio, but it may be worth a look.

Curt

Hey guys, can you keep me posted on how things go with zenfollo. I would be interested myself maybe in the future.