Nikon 12-24mm F4

snaphappy

I've looked but can't find much about this lens here. I've done lots of searching online but wondering if any of you use this lens and whether you'd recommend it. I know it's older and there are other newer choices. I would really like a tokina 11-16 but wonder if I'd use it as much with the narrower zoom. Seems to have fairly good reviews overall and I like that I could use filters. Anyone like or dislike this lens?

WayneF

It is an excellent lens. I have one, but don't really use it anymore since I switched to FX. It is pricy, look for a used one at much lower price. Like half price at keh.com

snaphappy

Yes I'm looking at a very well taken care of used 12-24mm locally. Will try it out on my D7000 tomorrow and see what I think. Most reviews I found said it was a good lens but pricey. I like the F2.8 of the tokina for Aurora photos but thinking the extra 6mm would make the Nikon 12-24mm a lens I'd carry with me more often for landscapes etc. I'd have to do longer exposures at night but I use my 18-55mm kit now so I think I could work with the F4. I found lots of reviews but not much personal experiences.