Flash photography set ups.

Scott Murray

I thought this would be a good place to show photos using different flash set ups. Anything from your basic on camera flash to speedlights and more. Hopefully posting the set up and final images so we can see how its done.

Sent from my courier pigeon. Please feed him.

ShootRaw

This was with the Icelight..
untitled-2531.jpg

nikon.norm

This shot was taken using 2 Youngnuo 580 ii's - one alongside the camera and bouncing from the ceiling directly above the subject with a reflector at lap level to redirect light under the chin, and the other behind the subject set to a slightly higher light output to light the background.me 2 Internet.jpg

fotojack

Shot this yesterday...part of a shoot I did for my next door neighbour's little 3 year old. She's a handful, but it all worked out. :)

Natural light from window camera left, softbox camera left, SB-700 with reflective umbrella camera right, 35mm f/1.8 lens, D300, large reflector @45 degree angle at foot of subject, unsharp mask in LR 4.

JT1_3432.JPG

Scott Murray

Shot this yesterday...part of a shoot I did for my next door neighbour's little 3 year old. She's a handful, but it all worked out. :)

Natural light from window camera left, softbox camera left, SB-700 with reflective umbrella camera right, 35mm f/1.8 lens, D300, large reflector @45 degree angle at foot of subject, unsharp mask in LR 4.

View attachment 62309
Nice shot Jack.

fotojack

Thanks Scott. She's a cutie patootie, but a handful, too! :) All in all, it was a fun shoot. The neighbours are good friends, so I didn't mind doing it as a favour to them.

Krs_2007

These are my kids and was really a first time playing with on camera fill flash from my 700. Had the diffuser on with the flash was manual. Using flashes is something that I am just starting to work on so I hope this thread keeps going.

EXIF, 50 1.8 @ f4, ISO 250, 1/200 Manual exposure

sm-62965.jpg

Last edited:

Scott Murray

These are my kids and was really a first time playing with on camera fill flash from my 700. Had the diffuser on with the flash was manual. Using flashes is something that I am just starting to work on so I hope this thread keeps going.

EXIF, 50 1.8 @ f4, ISO 250, 1/200 Manual exposure

sm-62965.jpg

Great shot. I too am new to flashes and this is why I created this thread to help people like us ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD