one blact spot on viewfinder

skk

There is one balck spot on my viewfinder.It is not affecting the images captured...Can anybody help in removing that spot...

skk

Updated my pofile..i am using D5200,Yesterday had been to coastal area for photography,,,,there i observed one black spot on my viewfinder,however it is not reflecting on the photographs...

Ruidoso Bill

It will either be on the mirror or the focus screen at the bottom of the viewfinder prism. The only user maintenance is a blower. The mirror is extremely fragile and I suggest you take/send the body to an authorized (Nikon) repair for cleaning if the blower doesn't blow away or dislodge the dust. Since it is not on an image it is not the sensor which is very easy to clean.

Mike D90

You need to remove the lens from the camera, or body cap, whichever you have on there. Camera should be "Off".

Use one of the blowers, a good one such as Giottos Rocket blower, and puff air onto the mirror and up into the upper prism area of the viewfinder screen. DO NOT touch the tip of the blower to anything on the inside of the camera body. Angle the camera mount slightly downward as you puff the air but be very careful with the blower.

You do not really want to stick anything such as a brush or Q-tip into the camera body.

skk

​Had word with Nikon service centre...they are of different opinion...as per them if the balck spot is appearing on picture then it is easy to blow,,if it is not appearing in the picture then it might be in viewfinder which is difficult to clean...

Mike D90

​Had word with Nikon service centre...they are of different opinion...as per them if the balck spot is appearing on picture then it is easy to blow,,if it is not appearing in the picture then it might be in viewfinder which is difficult to clean...

Could be but the viewfinder sees what comes off of the mirror as well.