Photos of t SLhe party_indoors

Marisha

Photos of the party_indoors

Hi all, NikonD3000 is my first SLR camera, so I'm just starting to get used to that. I only want to take qualitative pics without pretending to be professional- that's why i bought only a tripod and really didn't want to spend too much money on accessories. Recently I was taking pics indoors of the party (the light was sort of low and very very yellow), and they turned out to be a total disaster! With a flash faces look ugly and the background is lost, whereas without it people are blurry or with dark half of a face. I know that for a special photo session I would get additional lenses etc., but it's not the case. Is it really so that with this camera i cannot really take casual pics indoors without any externalities?

Last edited:

Joseph Bautsch

Marisha welcome to the Nikonites Community. We need a little more information to analyze the problems you are having. The D3000 is very capable of shooting very good low light and flash pictures. We need to know what lens you are using. We also need to know what camera settings you were using for the shots (this information is called the EXIF data). We need such things such as, the f/stop, shutter speed, what was the mode dial set on - AUTO, P, S, A, M or one of the Scenes? Was the flash the built-in one or were you using a separate flash (mounted on the shoe, top of the camera). Give us as much of this information as you can. Also complete your profile with some information about your self, your camera and lens. That information will help us to help you.