Another one of my hobbie

weebee

Another hobby I have is collecting watches. I have around 30 at the moment. So, macro shots are somewhat important when I haggle a sell or trade. Which is one of the reasons I just bought a nikon S3500.It's nice and small for travel and the reviews for macro shots were decent enough to try it. I'm almost done with my photo box for taking better macro shots as well.

DSCN0024.jpg
FSCN0010.jpg

fotojack

I love watches, too, but mine are dive watches. If I ever win the damn lottery, I'll be getting an IWC, a Rolex, and an Omega Seamaster. :) I can dream, can't I! ;)

weebee

I love watches, too, but mine are dive watches. If I ever win the damn lottery, I'll be getting an IWC, a Rolex, and an Omega Seamaster. :) I can dream, can't I! ;)

I would love to have those in my collection as well. I have some divers as well. I'll post some more pictures when I get home tonight. There's nothing wrong with dreaming!

Sandpatch

Beautiful shots. This is the Hamilton 992B railroad watch I often carry. I'm fairly certain that it dates from the mid-1920s. Railroad watches have highly readable faces to assure absolute safety in train operations. This watch has a "Montgomery Dial". A Montgomery dial is one where all the minutes are displayed along the outer edge, with every fifth number in red and the number 6 visible inside the seconds register.

Attachments

• 2013-12-07 Hamilton 992B - for upload.jpg
    2013-12-07 Hamilton 992B - for upload.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

Sandpatch

I should have added that railroad pocket watches are not pendant set as with most other watches. A pendant set could accidentally be activated by a chain wrapping around it in a pocket while it being depressed. To assure absolute safety, railroad pocket watches are " lever set". The crystal is removed and a small curved lever by the "1" is pulled out by thumbnail, then the time is set by the pendant. When the time set is complete, the lever is then pushed back into place and the crystal put back.

weebee

I should have added that railroad pocket watches are not pendant set as with most other watches. A pendant set could accidentally be activated by a chain wrapping around it in a pocket while it being depressed. To assure absolute safety, railroad pocket watches are " lever set". The crystal is removed and a small curved lever by the "1" is pulled out by thumbnail, then the time is set by the pendant. When the time set is complete, the lever is then pushed back into place and the crystal put back.

That's very interesting. I may have to look into one of those. Thanks for sharing.

weebee

Oh man. Omega watches have been one of my favorites for as long as I can remember. One of these days I'll have one in my collection. Nice piece you have there!