Forgotten Soldier II

blacksquare

This is the second photo of Tony, a homeless man from Bristol, UK. Tony is a veteran of the Falklands War and has never been able to deal with its aftermath.

Given it's freezing at the moment I hope he's doing ok.

11249226746_4a424a16d0_b.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
This is a very nice portrait. If you google "dragan effect" and try that process on that shot, you'd get a winner exhibition shot. You certainly captured the moment and the feel of that poor man.

Dave_W

The Dude
Very nice!! I'm curious, how did you light your subject? The lighting, or your PP....or both, really makes this image spectacular.

blacksquare

This is a very nice portrait. If you google "dragan effect" and try that process on that shot, you'd get a winner exhibition shot. You certainly captured the moment and the feel of that poor man.

Hi Marcel, I'm very familiar with the work of Andrzej Dragan. Whilst I admire his work I have no interest in trying to replicate his style. Instead I'd try and develop my own particular look. Cheers.
@Dave, the subject was lit using ambient light although i did use a reflector.

Scott Murray

This is a great striking portrait, you can see so much in his eyes and then only wonder what he has seen and experienced. Wonderful shot, these men and women should be immortalised for what they have been through and not forgotten like discarded rubbish.