did any one catch comet lovejoy?

patrick in memphis

Hi everyone.im sure you are all aware that comet ison has died off but apparently, comet Lovejoy is in full view with binocular it is right now just up towards Zenith from Mars at least from my long/lat in memphis, tn.has anyone taken any pics ?from what I have seen a ss of 10 secs and roughly 800 iso should image it.happy hunting

patrick in memphis

No comet lovejoy is comet that seems to come back every couple years. As far as crashing into jupiter I'm not sure ,but scientists call this one lovejoy so I'm going to guess that was some other comet .sorry I've only been into this for about a yr.so that's to say I'm not familiar with previous comets.

Mike D90

Ahhh, my bad! I Google searched and it was Shoemaker that broke up into like 21 pieces and crashed spectacularly, I might add, into Jupiter.

Mike D90

I saw lovejoy in an old VHS tape with a strangle title, something with a bunch of x's?

Uhmmm, nope! That was Lovelace . . . . uhm, I think. I don't really know for sure I just think I kind of remember something like that name associated with a lot of XXX's and . . . .