D7100 photos wont upload to computer

donaldjledet

Just a little while ago, I went to upload photos from camera to computer.
And they won't upload, also after waiting a few minutes to see if it would
start and didn't I turned the camera off and it has stayed on now going on about 10 minutes.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks

donaldjledet

Re: D7100 Problem

well I can but this is the first time that the camera won't turn off unless I take battery out?
So there is a problem somewhere?

Steve B

Then let it set and don't pull the battery. Somewhere I remember seeing something that said if you turned the camera off while a transfer was taking place the camera will not actually power down until the transfer is complete. It sounds like the camera is trying to upload the pictures since the access light is flashing. How much data are you trying to upload?

donaldjledet

Yes Steve the card access light does flash.
Its the camera not turning off that has me concerned.
The only time it turns off after trying to turn
it off is when I take the camera battery out.

Steve B

The camera wont turn off if a transfer is in process. It may very well be your computer acting up not the camera. Did you already pull the battery?

Luna Pro

Are you using a card reader? this is the safest way to transfer photos to your compute, Lexar makes good ones. Have you ever forgot to turn off your camera before taking a card out or removing a lens, maybe that triggered something.

skene

I do not recommend using data transfer from camera direct to PC. The USB connection is very slow in comparison to simply taking out your card and putting it into a reader. When transferring the data, you also must keep in mind that if you are transferring over RAW files it will be a task on the camera and will take time (Note slow transfer speeds via USB).
When the card is in use (Green blinking LED) do not remove power from the camera. Doing so may cause damage to files in transfer and potential to damaging storage blocks on the memory card.
Also, you should not plug in any accessories into the camera while the camera is on. Turn off the camera before installing any accessories to prevent shorts.

Norman Nuss

I am also having problems uploading photo's from my D7100 to my Mac. it worked fine up until a fews days ago. Any help appreciated.