D90 glitch

jgsolo32

Does anyone have a problem of the on button shutting off as soon as you turn on the camera. I find this happening frequently and I am pretty much getting used to it.

More of an annoyance than anything else especially if I miss a shot.

thanks,
Jerry

Last edited by a moderator:

fotojack

Re: D90 gliche

If your camera is still under warranty, I would have Nikon look into that, if I were you. That's not normal. Hopefully your battery is fully charged, right? That MAY be a cause, but.......have Nikon check out that camera.

And by the way.....it's spelled "glitch". ;)

Last edited:

johnwartjr

Had a similar problem earlier this week, swore something was wrong with my D90.

Turns out, both batteries in my MB-D80 grip were nearly flat. Couldn't believe it, less than 1000 frames total on the batteries, when they are typically good for 1000 frames+ each!

Joseph Bautsch

Hi Jerry and welcome to the Nikonites Community. As has been said check the charge condition of the battery especially the contacts. If you have an extra battery, change it out and see if the problem continues. If you have more than one battery it's a good idea to rotate using them. You can use fingernail polish to number them. Like johnwartjr I also have the MB-D80 grip and use four batteries. All numbered so I can keep them on a rotation and not be using the same batteries all the time.

MwCapel

yea thats not normal, do you have a 3rd party battery grip on it? that could be the cause, if not i suggest you take it in.