Sierra Blanca Stitch

Ruidoso Bill

Cold crisp day, blue sky, no wind and had my gear and tripod in the car. 16 images stitched.

SBstitch1.jpg

Joseph Bautsch

WOW Bill. That's impressive. Just getting the camera level both in the horizontal as well as vertical is a project especially for 16 shots. Good job.

fotojack

WOW! Bill!......awesome job on the stitch! What program did you use for the stitch? I'd love to try something like that!

Ruidoso Bill

WOW! Bill!......awesome job on the stitch! What program did you use for the stitch? I'd love to try something like that!

I used Microsoft ICE (stands for Image Composite Editor)

This program is free and works really well for stitching, I've never done as many as 16 before but wanted to give it a try.

It's pretty easy to use.

Free and Easy, doesn't get much better than that.

jengajoh

So, how did you get this? Did you stand in one spot and pivot a little for each shot or did you walk, take pic, walk, take pic... etc?

Ruidoso Bill

Hi Jen,
Tripod shot, get tripod level and then pan from left to right about 1/3 frame in viewfinder for each shot. Then I used Microsoft ICE to stitch them together. Maunal mode is probably best way so exposure doesn't change between shots otherwise you get banding. Hope that helps.